About Quinlan Hemeryck Barnett
Quinlan & Somerville was founded in 1948 when Arthur Quinlan Sr. and Cameron Somerville opened their office in Strathroy, Ontario. The two practiced together as partners until 1952, when each decided to practice as a sole practitioner.
Mr. Somerville purchased the building at 18 Front Street East, from Tadgell’s Farm Equipment Ltd., which had been using the building as a showroom for agricultural equipment.
Mr. Somerville practiced alone for the next 32 years, until Charlene and Arthur Quinlan Jr. made him an offer to purchase the practice and building. A deal was struck calling for Mr. Somerville to remain in the newly (re)named firm, Quinlan & Somerville. The three lawyers practiced together until 1987, when Mr. Somerville retired.
In March 2012 Charlene and Arthur hired Brad Hemeryck as an associate and in 2013 they hired Jonathon Barnett as an additional associate lawyer. Brad and Jon purchased the practice from Arthur and Charlene on April 1, 2015 and changed the name to Quinlan Hemeryck Barnett.
Charlene retired on December 31, 2013 and Arthur retired from active practice on March 31, 2016. Brad and Jon continue to manage the practice and hope to maintain the high standards Strathroy expects from our office.